Prospective Students

Discover Why Students Love Cal Poly with this video below.

Cal Poly is a nationally ranked, four-year, comprehensive public university located in San Luis Obispo, halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles on California’s Central Coast. It is a distinctive learning community offering academically focused students a hands-on educational experience that prepares them for today’s scientific and technical world. Visit the Admissions page for prospective students.

The Cal Poly Academic Year


Mid-Sept. to Mid-December

Early January to Mid-March

Late March to Mid-June

Late June to Early September

Calendars and Deadlines

Degree-Seeking Students

How to Apply to Cal Poly for a Degree Program

If you are interested in obtaining a degree from Cal Poly, here are a few things to note:

  • Visit the International Admissions website for detailed information on how to apply.
  • There is a later deadline to submit supporting materials.

For more information, call (805) 756-2311 or contact

International Admissions Website

Exchange Students

Cal Poly International Exchange Programs

Cal Poly has individual exchange agreements with universities around the world. You can view the List of Cal Poly Exchange Programs with our partner universities. Students on exchange programs pay fees at their home university. Other costs include travel, living expenses, health insurance, and books.

Cal Poly International Exchange Programs

CSU International Exchange Programs

Another way to attend Cal Poly as an exchange student may be possible through California State University (CSU) International Programs. Use the link below to find a list of exchanges and see if there is a system-wide exchange established with your university.

CSU International Exchange Programs

VISIT Cal Poly Students

Students may apply through the VISIT Program for short-term non-degree programs offered by Cal Poly Extended Education. Once accepted to the program, International Center will prepare your I-20 which you will use to apply for an F-1 Student visa.