International Welcome Ambassadors Program
Read about the International Welcome Ambassadors Program on page 11 of our International Student Welcome Guide below.
Meet the International Welcome Ambassadors
New Students: How to sign up for an International Welcome Ambassador
All international students and scholars will be emailed details of the program with a link to apply. If you are an international student or scholar who would like to be assigned a International Welcome Ambassador but have not received an email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Students - How can I apply to be an International Welcome Ambassador?
1. Winter quarter: Students are recruited to be welcome ambassadors
2. March: Application opens
3. Spring Quarter: Students begin participation
- Good academic standing and positive role model with positive disciplinary record
- Must be able to attend the fall Welcome reception in September
- Must be able to attend training and be in San Luis Obispo as early as August 10, 2017 to meet their international student
- International students and study abroad returnees are highly encouraged to apply because these students have been through this experience themselves.